This an excellent opportunity to join a small but ambitious ISO consultancy business.
Our core business is developing and implementing ISO management systems and conduct outsourced internal and supplier audits. However, as we are starting to see a growing interest in the training part of our business, we are now looking to bring an additional person onboard.
As the majority of our requests are for 8D Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis training, we are looking for someone with a few years of experience within that area and ideally with some training experience as well.
The appointed candidates will work from home and from the office from time to time. He/she will be travelling to customer sites and deliver training.
You have good communication skills, enjoy working with people and is good at interacting with and keeping participants engaged during a training session.
Responsibilities and duties include
- Develop and maintain training materials.
- Provide 8D and RCA training at client’s premises.
- Generate training material to be used during the courses.
- Collect feedback from training sessions and continuously improve the material.
- Ability to travel across UK when required.
- Working knowledge of at least 8D Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with conducting or leading problem solving sessions.
- Some experience with training or teaching others.
- knowledge of various other improvement tools and techniques would be an advantage but is not essential e.g. statistical process control, Six Sigma/Lean, FMEA’s etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to converse, communicate and interact comfortably with a range of people from different positions.
- Good client relationship/management skills.
- A background in performance improvement and the ability to demonstrate problem solving and analytical skills.
- Being able to work independently with minimal supervision is essential.
- Being an CQI Chartered Quality Professional and certified Six Sigma green/black belt is a benefit, however not a requirement.
This job is on a freelance/contract basis with the potential of becoming a permanent role if that is preferred. This means you would need to be registered as a sole trader, limited company or work under an umbrella company.
A competitive rate, stimulating environment and flexible working days are provided. if this looks like the job for you, please send us your full CV and a cover letter including the following information.
- Your current location
- Your salary expectations
- Any preferences or limitations in terms of travel distance and days of work