This an excellent opportunity to join a small but ambitious ISO consultancy business.
Our core business is developing and implementing ISO management systems and conduct outsourced internal and supplier audits. Since we are experiencing a substantial amount of growth, we are now looking to bring on an additional person onboard.
The standards we work with are ISO 9001/14001/17025/27001/45001. However, the candidate we are looking for would have experience with ISO 9001/17025 as a minimum.
The appointed candidates will work from home and be travelling to customer sites to support them with development, implementation and/or maintenance of quality, laboratory and integrated management systems.
You will need good communication skills as you will have contact with people at all levels of the client organisation from shop floor to top management. Being comfortable working across a variety of different sectors is also important.
Responsibilities and duties include
- Implementing new quality, laboratory and integrated management systems.
- Supporting and improving quality, laboratory and integrated management systems for existing clients.
- Conduct outsourced internal audits for existing and new customers.
- Generate reports from audits and gap analysis conducted at clients.
- Preparing various documents such as; policies, process maps, procedures, work instructions and training materials.
- Provide relevant training as part of management system implementation.
- Ability to travel across UK when required.
- Working knowledge of at least quality and laboratory management systems (ISO 9001/17025) is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with implementing management systems and auditing them.
- Ideally a laboratory background, experience within the industry and practical knowledge of developing test methods, uncertainty calculations, calibration and similar.
- Working knowledge of various other improvement tools and techniques would be an advantage but is not essential e.g. statistical process control, Six Sigma/Lean, 8D etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; The ability to converse, communicate and interact comfortably with a range of people and positions; from the shop floor to the board is essential.
- Good client relationship/management skills.
- A background in performance improvement and the ability to demonstrate problem solving and analytical skills.
- Being able to work independently with minimal supervision is essential.
- Being an IRCA registered auditor, CQI Chartered Quality Professional and certified Six Sigma green/black belt is a benefit, however not a requirement.
This job is on a contract basis with the potential of becoming a permanent role. So, the applicant would need to be registered as a sole trader, limited company or work under an umbrella company.
A competitive rate, stimulating environment and flexible working days are provided for someone in or around London. if this looks like the job for you, please send us your full CV and a cover letter including the following information and ‘ISO 27001 Consultant Job’ in the subject line.
- Your current location
- Your salary expectations
- Any preferences or limitations in terms of travel distance and days of work