ISO 17025 is the very first internationally recognized standard designed for laboratory quality system that offers a source for accreditation. It consists of two sub-sections of clauses, namely technical requirements as well as management requirements.
It is based upon ISO 9001, but built for the special requirement of testing laboratories. ISO 17025 speaks the ability of an organisation to carry out the testing and calibration activities.
The ISO 17025 standard is the product of the combined work and collective information and wisdom of professionals from all over the world, placing down the outline for effectively meeting the client’s necessity by the laboratory.
ISO 17025 covers all regions of laboratory management, comprising such things as record keeping, analytical testing proficiency, sample preparation, document control, corrective/prevention action, reports accommodation and environmental conditions. ISO 17025 also offers an outline for quality, precisely for an organisation that is on the lookout to achieve third party accreditations and want to control their laboratory procedures.
Outsourcing ISO 17025 Internal Audit
You can save a lot of money and time by outsourcing internal audits. As internal audits are not conducted often, it is challenging to validate and sustain abilities and credential of in-house auditing personnel. Outsourcing would enable your valued resources to pay attention on the daily operations while contributing to the organisational strategic objectives. Conducting an ISO 17025 internal audit would become one less thing to worry about. When looking for conformance to the standard, independent assessments and internal audits are required.
Why You Should Outsource Your ISO 17025 Internal Audit
Internal auditing is a prerequisite of ISO 17025 and it is required to take place regularly and commonly at least once a year. These are some of the major reasons why you should outsource your ISO 17025 internal audit.
- Internal Resource Constraints: It allows you meet your yearly internal audits obligation; it does not matter if you have lost significant staffs or your internal employees are working on other urgencies.
- Affordable Expertise: ISO 17025 auditing is an exceedingly specialized skill and several minor organisations find it more cost active to outsource their internal audit than spend time and money to train auditors internally.
- Access to Best Practices: Audits are typically performed yearly and auditors have exceptional insight on changes in the industry. In this case, expert audits are made by professional qualified auditors. You can know what is needed, quickly and efficiently when you get a good audit. There is no struggle to find internal volunteers to perform audits.
- Guaranteed Impartiality: In larger organisations, auditors are sometimes conveyed in to eradicate potential political challenges that can divert from the audit. Whereas small organisations in precise frequently lack the capability to make sure auditors are independent and impartial of the areas that are being audited.
- Minimal Internal Effort: ISO 17025 leaves you permitted to pay attention on your core activities and business.
- No Worries About Maintaining Your Certification: ISO 17025 auditors warn you of everything you need to do to keep your registration, and make sure you are in good shape for your registration.
- Known Cost: It has a fixed price quote and no surprises. No ongoing training costs of internal auditors.
- Detect Nonconformities Before Certification Audit. ISO 17025 internal audits helps you find issues before your registrar or client.
- Supportive Audit Approach: It train, support and consult on your system as they perform audits. It also helps your staff resolve their ISO questions and prepare for their ISO audit.
- Guaranteed Compliant: It is guaranteed to meet your registrar’s requirements.
- Ongoing Support: An ongoing resource for questions about your system would be provided and would support you in case your registrar has tough questions for you during your audit.
The basic to an effective ISO 17025 implementation is having a system that is not only worker friendly, but also function as an efficient management tool which supports the continual improvement and profitability of your organisation. ISO 17025 quality and environmental management system experts will indicate how to develop a relevant, simple and effective system that will develop your organisation’s overall morale, output and bottom line.
Contact us today for a free consultation on how we can help with outsourcing of your internal audits.