During the 8D Training participants will learn to:
- Describe the benefits of using the 8D model for solving problems.
- Identify the steps of the 8D problem solving model.
- Know when to apply 8D.
- Identify which problem solving tools are best used in each step in the 8D process.
- Design a Check Sheet for recording data.
- Construct a Pareto Chart.
- Use an IS/IS NOT analysis for problem definition.
- Use the 5 Whys (Multiple Whys).
- Use Structured Brainstorming techniques.
- Create a Cause and Effect (Fishbone) Diagram.
- Create a Histogram.
- Create a Scatter Diagram.
- Describe the fundamentals of Value Stream Mapping.
- Basic principles of Statistical Process Control.
- Describe the use of Process Capability (Cp and Cpk).
The Benefits of the 8D Problem Solving Training
- Enables personnel to become more effective at problem solving.
- Helps to establish a formal process for solving and managing problems.
Who Should Attend the 8D Problem Solving Training
- All personnel who lead, or are involved with, problem-solving and continual improvement activities.
8D Problem Solving Training Agenda
- – Course Objectives
– Basic introduction to 8D
– 8D History
– When to apply 8D
– The 8D Methodology
D1 – Form the Team
– Building the team
– Team members and the Roles and Resp.
– Basic Team rules
D2 – Describe the Problem
– Problem Statement
– Is/Is Not Analysis
– 5W2H Analysis
D3 – Contain the Problem
– Why/When containment action
– Common used Containment Action’s
– Implement and verify Containment / Interim Actions
D4 – Identify and Verify Root Causes
– Data Collection
– Process Mapping
– 5 Why Analysis
– Cause and Effect Diagram
– Graphical Analysis
D5 – Define and develop corrective actions
– Define Corrective Actions
– Selection of CA through prioritisation and risk analysis
D6 -Implement the corrective actions
– Implementation of Corrective Actions
D7 – Define and develop preventive actions
– Preventive Actions
– Mistake Proofing (Poka-yoke)
– Broaden to implement at other areas/processes
D8 – Congratulate your Team
– Developing employees
– Team Recognition
For each of the areas it will be followed up with related learning activity where participants are required to perform the tasks through group activity discussion and analysis in a work-relate simulated situation.Book Training