The natural tendency of many individuals and organisations when presented with a problem is to jump to a solution, any solution. They do not systematically analyse the problem to determine a root cause before considering potential solutions.
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is a technique used to understand and eliminate the underlying cause of a problem, in order to prevent it from reoccurring.
In this Root Cause Analysis Training, a structured way of root cause analysis will be covered. A step by step approach will be taken, with the use of several well-known quality tools for data collection and analysis will be used.
Analysing for root cause will take longer time in the beginning, but there is a high return on the investment as the firefighting is reduced in correlation with permanently eliminating issues.
Who Should Attend
- The training is beneficial for Managers, Quality Professionals, Process Owners and Consultants looking to use a structured approach for problem solving in their work.
- Organisations who want to take a problem elimination approach and move away from firefighting.
Why attend RCA Training
- Get the basic understanding of problem solving and how to determine the root cause.
- Learn how to lead structured problem solving exercises and use the supporting quality tools.
Content of Root Cause Analysis Training
- Problem solving process
- Defining the problem
- Problem definition tools
- Problem cause data collection tools
- Root cause analysis cycle
- Root cause identification tools
- Five “why’s”
- Cause and effect diagram or Fishbone diagram
- Fault tree analysis
- Cause and Escape Point
- Pareto Analysis
- Poka Yoke (Mistake Proofing)
- Corrective action
- Corrective action plan development
- implementing and evaluating the solution
Benefits to the Business
The employees attending will following be able to:
- Understand and implement the “Root Cause Analysis methodology” in their company.
- Determine where RCA can be used for best effect.
- Lead the RCA team to find the true root cause of a problem, and eliminate it permanently.
- Run Root Cause Analysis Training for colleagues in their company.
- Provide long term improvement for the company
- Fulfil a costumer requirement, e.g. if you are required to document a root cause analysis have been done on request from a costumer.
The Root Cause Analysis Training is highly interactive with exercises and discussions throughout the course, including but not limited to:
- Practical case studies associated with RCA
- Interactive discussion and participation
- Group Work